Company Secretarial ServicesAs the first step to establishing a strong business presence in India starts with the incorporation of a business entity, it’s equally important to ensure swift management of its documentation, compliance adherence and statutory measures to be undertaken to develop a flexible yet robust business methodology, which carries room for scalability in the future.
These are the duties which we undertake to help our clients, as we assist them in envisaging an appropriate entity incorporation and advise on a suitable business strategy for market entry and market penetration in India. The reason we approach our corporate secretarial services with utmost diligence is not just to ensure a timely delivery of service, but to assist our clients in doing business in India with more efficacy and eliminating the factor of India being a difficult business jurisdiction to operate in, for foreign as well as local businesses, companies and/or entities.
Complying under the Companies Act as well as foreign exchange transactions regulations, our Company Secretarial Services team helps in developing strategies for multinational companies to formulate and establish a business entity in India in various forms based on short-term as well as long-term business presence via project offices, branch offices, liaison offices or via wholly owned subsidiaries, limited liability partnerships and joint ventures respectively.
Aligning with our firm’s vision, our services are spread from strategy to execution; thereby allowing us to undertake assistance in various matters such as assessing business growth, analyzing sectoral performance, assessing sectoral competition and adhering to compliances with due diligence, wherever and however required to ensure beneficial outcomes and development of optimal tax strategies for the entity at hand.
Aside from the entire scope of services needed in the incorporation of a new business in India, some of the important functions undertaken by our Company Secretarial Services team include:
- Transfer of registered address, including state-to-state transfers
- Advisory on SEBI and FEMA-related matters as well as other legal or financial matters of similar nature
- Compliance and advisory related to start-up funding
- Capital infusion and transfer of shares
- Compliance for overseas/foreign direct investment
- Assistance and maintenance of statutory records of the company
- Compliance with respect to change in the management
- Conversion of privately held companies into limited liability partnership (LLP) format entities
- Compliance for LLPs across the year
- Compliance for liaison offices, branch offices, and project offices
- Compliance for joint ventures across the year
- Market entry strategy development with respect to Indian market
- Tax planning and evaluation for business entities
- Advisory on Company Law regulations and their impact on the client’s business entity in India
- Assessment and computation of income tax implications and other tax provisions such as minimum alternate tax (MAT), dividend distribution tax (DDT), etc.
- Assistance in winding up or closure of business entities in India